Biological buffers are of great significance in biochemical research, and are widely used in experiments such as western blotting, biochips and biological hybridization, and in vitro diagnostic industries. Biological buffer contains 20-30 varieties. Taian Green Industry Co.,Ltd has several of the most important products, such as Tris, HEPES, MOPS, etc.
Tris, full name tris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane, CAS number: 77-86-1, pKa at 25°C is 8.06, buffer range 7.0-9.0. Common Tris buffers include Tris-HCl buffer, Tris-phosphate buffer and a variety of derivative buffers, such as TBS, TE, etc. Tris buffer is a very important biological buffer, its advantages are as follows:
1. Tris base is relatively alkaline, so this buffer system can be used to prepare a wide range of pH buffers ranging from acidic to alkaline;
2. It has little interference to the biochemical process and does not precipitate with calcium, magnesium ions and heavy metal ions;
3. High solubility in water and inert to many enzyme reactions;
4. High buffering capacity, generally used to stabilize the pH of the reaction system, with strong buffering capacity between pH 7.5-9.0;
5. Tris buffer is widely used and plays an important role in biochemistry, molecular biology, in vitro diagnostics, cosmetics, coatings and other fields.
Matters needing attention when using Tris buffer:
1. The pH value of Tris buffer is greatly affected by temperature and concentration, so the use environment should be considered during the preparation process;
2. Tris reacts with various molecules to a certain extent, including RNase inhibitors, aldehydes, enzymes, DNA, and common metals such as Cr3+, Fe3+, Ni2+, Co2+ and Cu2+, etc. It can work with heavy metals, but in some systems Also inhibits
3. It is easy to absorb CO2 in the air, and the prepared buffer should be tightly sealed;
4. Some pH electrodes have a certain interference effect, and an electrode compatible with Tris solution is required;
5. Tris is not suitable for bicinchoninic acid (BCA) determination;
6. Inhalation, ingestion, and skin absorption can cause injury. Wear gloves and goggles during operation.